Wednesday, October 5, 2011

War Is Not Just a Card Game


It never fails. I just keep on learning. I suppose this is a good thing; but, if you find brain guts all over my notebooks and computer, you will know the learning has gone to far. Extreme? Yes. True? Very.

As a student teacher, I must meet with my supervisor periodically to have observations and discussions about how things are going. It just so happens that my supervisor recently witnessed “one of those days” in my classroom. Thankfully, she understands completely and is very easy to talk to about any issues.

Today’s issue:



I’m thinking about buying this little sign, because it may become the staple in my own classroom. I realize that I cannot keep twenty-six freshmen quiet. I am a teacher, not superwoman.

And just when I’m about to reach my boiling point, I must remember this: war is not a just a card game, and we must all learn how to pick our battles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment