Sunday, October 9, 2011

Perks of Being an Early Bird

I've mentioned before how I tend to be quite the early bird. I have never learned how to take advantage of the days I am allowed to sleep in. As the days grow shorter, this becomes a little bit more annoying. However, there are a few perks that make coping with this rather bearable.

1. Music videos. Somewhere along the way, MTV and VH1 stopped playing music. Apparently strange, trashy reality TV has replaced the beautiful sounds of today's hits. Lucky for me, if you are up at the crack of dawn, music flows in and out of my ears. Yesterday, I was brought back to the 90's with this:


2. The classics. Some of my favorite old shows are played early in the morning. This morning, as my eyes began to open, I was excited to see the cast of "Saved by the Bell." I can watch episode after episode, and they never get old. This is what makes a show such a classic.


The silence and stillness of the morning is my favorite. However, I'm willing to add a little bit of noise if it means heading back to the 90's. Ahh, the perks of being an early bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment