Friday, October 14, 2011

One More Step to Better


The time has come for another birthday.

As you may remember me saying earlier, I’m a pretty big fan of birthdays. However, this year I have lost my intense, over-the-top spirit. It may be because I have been preoccupied with school, or due to the fact that 26 is not a fun number. Lame-o number.



Here’s how I have chose to view my 26th birthday: “This is not one more step to older, just one more step to better.” I’m learning and growing. While mistakes can be fun, beginning to figure things out is much more exciting.

The best part of my day: getting to finally open this…



Grandpa sent it on Monday, and I have been such a good granddaughter! I have looked at it each day, holding off the excitement of tearing open the envelope. Call me lame, but I look forward to birthday cards.

So as I open this card, I can say that I am working on my “one more step to better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment