Thursday, October 27, 2011

Clinique Counter Curiosity


I find the older I get, the more talkative I am with salespeople. I love to hear their opinions about products and attire. I would like to think I’m doing them a favor; they have to bored, right? If I’m really in the mood to shop, I head straight to the clerk to hear about what’s in season and how to mix-and-match with pieces I have from home.

Just the other day, I was replacing some makeup at the Clinique counter. I was going on about my mascara primer; talking about how much I loved the product. The clerk went on to share that “every time you lose an eyelash, it takes two years to grow back.” Really? How can that be? It’s not like I’m plucking them out one by one, but I feel like I’ve lost quite a few lashes in my time. This conversation left me curious. Was she for real, or was she trying to sell me a product? I do love the product, and I plan on continuing to purchase it; however, I’m not sold on this reasoning.

How often are these salespeople sincere? Are they taught to blow smoke up our rears? Or is this all legit? I’m so sure that spending an extra $20 on facial products will make me look ten years younger. Clinique counter, you make me one curious cat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment