Tuesday, October 11, 2011

We're Just Livin"


I’ve always thought that I am a neat freak. I like things in their place. I dust my room 2-3 times a week. Ideally, I would have my clothes lined up according to season, color, or style. However, life happens and obsessive-compulsive behaviors don’t always fit in.

“Sorry. I won’t have your papers graded, because I’m organizing my sock drawer.” Excuse #1.

“I left my kids at daycare all night, because I had to vacuum. I have to be able to see the little lines on my carpet.” Extreme excuse #2.

Growing up, I had a clean home… most of the time. The dishes were done after supper. I never went to school with dirty underwear, so the laundry must have been done. Every weekend we had a “deep clean” complete with a Kirby vacuum and Pledge. Instead of making excuses about why my sister’s school work was sprawled out on the kitchen table, or if there was toothpaste in the sink, my mom would simply say our house was “lived in.”



At the end of the day, my sock drawer doesn’t matter. After all, we’re just livin’. Love you, Mom ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment