Monday, October 24, 2011

The Land of Mascots


Well, today marks the start of my second student teaching experience! Which means, for the next eight weeks I will be a Wolverine. That’s right, in the span of one week I was able to transform from a Spartan into a Wolverine. Pretty crafty, I know.

Growing up I was a Bulldog. As I moved to college, I learned how to roar like a Panther. All these life changes call for great versatility. As the colors, cheers, and mascots change, I began to wonder how many different teams I will be cheering for by the end of my teaching career. I suppose I will be part dog, part warrior, part beast by the end of it all. In other words, one scary looking creature.


On family road trips, my brother and dad used to play “name the mascot.” Dad would yell out a college anywhere in the country, and my brother would respond with the mascot of that particular school. Talk about worthless information; however, it is really quite impressive. Who knew that Lake Forrest College is home of the Boomers? An even better question: who cares?

I have actually always really enjoyed the exchanges between my dad and brother. Maybe some day I will be living with them in the land of mascots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment