Sunday, December 25, 2011

Don't Forget

Merry Christmas Blogging Buddies!!! It's hard to believe that it is already the day that we all come together to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Without any snow on the ground this year, the Christmas 'vibe' is a little bit lost; however, the lights on houses, presents under the tree, and pounds of Chex Mix make me believe that it really is December 25th.

Yesterday afternoon, I went to the Christmas Eve service at my church. I always love the essence of the candlelight service. The lights of the candles resemble a room full of people sharing their love as they celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Everyone seems to be in an uplifted mood as they spend time with family and friends. Even though I was roasting and there were babies crying at every angle, I still loved being in the presence of so many people exerting so much love.

It's easy to forget what Christmas is really about, and yesterday's service invited us to hear the story as if we never had before. As the band played gorgeous background music and the Christmas story was spoken aloud, it is clear to me that the greatest gift we will ever receive is the love of Jesus Christ.

In case you have forgotten the story. I'm bringing in my old friend Charlie Brown and Linus to share what Christmas is all about.


Don't forget the gift of Jesus Christ :-) Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment