Thursday, December 22, 2011

Good Reads

I was lacking any creative juices yesterday, hence the lack of posting. Even after a bag of M&Ms, my mind was not in the right place. Lucky for y'all, I'm forcing myself to get back on track today.

As you may recall, I was reading an excellent book called The Paris Wife by Paula Mclain. I finished it in no time, and I was feeling ready to conquer another novel. Without recommendations from friends or online, the library can be a very overwhelming place. There are tons of blogs that give reviews on popular books. I also visit Amazon or Barnes and Noble to see what people are reading.

After browsing around online yesterday, I found the Goodreads.com. You can rate books that you have read, as well click on books that looking interesting to you. Based upon your selections, the website offers suggestions and recommendations for your reading interests. It's awesome! There are tons of genres and books to choose from. It truly is a avid reader's dream.

Yesterday I picked up The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. I hope today I can pull myself together and get some serious pages read! Make it a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment