Friday, December 9, 2011

Sugar Me Up Baby


‘Tis the season for sugar. I enjoy spreading the joys of cookie, sugar, and candy eating all year round; however, most relish in sugar highs as the Christmas season approaches. Isn’t it the Twelve Days of Cookies? Something like that ;-)

Just the other day, I got a call from my mom. “We are placing orders for favorite meals and treats while everyone is home for Christmas.” I’m not quite sure why she even asks because she gets the same answers each year. Mike says Chex Mix. Sarah requests almond bark pretzels. My favorite: chocolate crackle cookies. Cookie + sugar + chocolate = Anna’s reason for being.


Of course, we spend a day making a huge mess in the kitchen while jammin’ out to ‘N Sync’s “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays.” Mom always sneaks in her Mannheim Steamroller at some point. It’s always a special time to reminisce past Christmas memories, travels, and gifts. Probably the most disturbing memory I have involves Mike on the tuba, Sarah belting out her vocal talents, and me tooting on my trumpet. I believe Mike even had a Santa hat on. Like I said, it was disturbing.

As I sit here smiling, I can taste those cookies and hear my sister singing Justin Bieber’s “Mistletoe.” All I can say is, sugar me up, baby.  

No comments:

Post a Comment