Sunday, December 4, 2011

Nail Art


It’s no secret that I love nail polish. I have shared my favorite colors and brands, as well as my fear of naked nails in public. It’s time you learn where and how this obsession began.

As a young girl, I became fixated on Klutz books. The pages of these books include everything from stencil art to cat’s cradle to paper airplanes. There are zillions of creative ideas and information in these books; they are truly amazing.


 I learned how to make friendship bracelets, jewelry, and most importantly, nail art. Numerous times I walked around with pigs on my toes, fish on my fingers, and I even painted little baseballs on the toes of one of the little boys I babysat. Yes, I was truly obsessed. It was so much fun using toothpicks and other strategies to get intricate designs on my nails.

The other day, I ran across this picture:


It made me wonder if I still had it in me, and if I was too old to walk around with ladybugs on my fingernails. Do I really want green kiwis distracting me all day long? As on right now, I have decided to stick with the solid colors. If I feel crazy, I may throw on a little glitter. Until then, I have retired my nail art.

No comments:

Post a Comment