Thursday, December 15, 2011

Where I Need to Be

The time has come. Today is my last day of student teaching! I can hardly believe that two and a half years ago I decided to go back to school to become an English teacher. This morning on my drive to school, my mom called to wish me a 'happy last day.' After a restless night's sleep, I was feeling a little emotional. We quickly reflected on the last eight weeks, sixteen weeks. I got a few tears in my eyes, realizing that this is where I need to be.

After earning a degree and working in 'the real world' for a while, deciding to venture back to school was easy. Starting over as I watched my friends begin jobs and families was difficult. I even envied the fact that they had bills to pay (I may take this comment back as the student loans start pouring in). I am grateful to have friends and family that have supported me through prayers and comfort. They continually reminded me of the importance of patience.

After today, I plan to relax. Since I am a busy body, this will only last one day before I'm bored and ready to figure out the next stage of my life. I can only read so many books, run so many errands, and clean so many random places.

What is my next step? I plan to substitute around the area this spring. I will be job searching and hopefully interviewing. I have no doubt that there is a place for me. Teaching is my passion; it is what I was meant to do. I am excited about my profession. I know that this is right where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment