Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Snack Attack

I'm a snacker. I would just as soon eat little bits and pieces of things all day long than sit down for a big meal. I'm a huge fan of snack packs, pudding cups, and mini cans of veggies. I know this sounds quite strange, but it really is satisfying in a weird way. Just think, my taste buds can be quenched the entire day.

Some of my favorite combos:

Pumpkin yogurt. I love taking canned pumpkin and mixing it in with vanilla yogurt. A dash of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice tops off the sweet treat.

Dressed up cottage cheese. I like to mix different flavors with my cottage cheese. French dressing, pumpkin, fruits, and even jam are delicious ways to add variety to a rather plain snack.

Banana ice cream. I am a huge fan of ice cream. Slice a banana and freeze the smaller pieces. Grind up the frozen pieces in a blender. In a matter of seconds you have a nice bowl of banana ice cream. Of course, I always add a little bit of cinnamon (I'm in love with this spice).

Clearly these treats are on the sweet side. I cannot help but crave sugar all of the time! It's really terrible. I even contemplated "quitting sugar" after reading about a book that instructs you to do just that. The problem is that my snack attacks consist of a few M&Ms each day. I don't know if I will ever be ready to quit my precious chocolates :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment