Friday, December 2, 2011

Pits and Peaks

It's common at the end of the day to review your lowest pit and highest peak. Last night I had dinner and drinks with a few girlfriends. This was most definitely the peak of my entire week. It was great to "catch up" while swapping stories over wings and breadsticks.

Our conversations moved quickly, as so many female chats do. As we were skipping around from topic to topic, someone brought up Pinterest. This website is like a personalized, virtual bulletin board. There are ideas on style, DIY crafts, interesting pictures, quotes, and even recipes. It truly is an endless cite that takes you all over the web.

While I had always thought that this website was completely amazing, after last night's discussions over Pinterest, I have some differing opinions.

Pits and Peaks of Pinterest:

Pits

Time sucker: I've learned to not even click on this cite unless I have plenty of time to spare, meaning at least an hour. I'm not even joking. If you want to waste time, get online. There are so many websites, ideas, links that make it incredibly easy to lose track of time. It makes my head spin.

Unrealistic, image crusher: Looking at model-like women can really bring a person down after a while. What world do these women live in? Where I'm from people go to the grocery store in Nike yoga pants and a sweatshirt. I don't generally hit up the local farmers market decked out in this Fall's latest fashions. Dang it, beautiful ladies wearing $300 boots and layers of stunning jewelry. Life is not fair.

Expenses: I love the clothes and styles shown in all of the pictures, but whenever I click on them I am greatly disappointed with the prices. I'm sorry, but a $98 sweater is just not in my budget right now. Oh how I wish it was.

Peaks

Endless ideas: If you are looking for a project, gift idea, recipe, new 'look,' quote, book.... and the list goes on, then Pinterest has it, no questions asked. It truly is amazing.

Time filler: Let's say there are 35 minutes left before you can leave for work. You don't want to start a new project; you don't want to be productive. It's time to do some pinning.

Good for a laugh or a smile: There are numerous funny quotes and goofy pictures to keep you laughing for hours. No matter the time of day, we can always use a smile or a laugh.

If you have time, need an idea or a good laugh, get to pinning. If you are an important, busy person, stay away; stay far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment