Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Kleenex Confession


I would like to preface today’s post by saying I am not a dirtball.

It’s the season for the sniffles. I know that colds are “common,” but are they really supposed to last an entire week? Last week, I had every symptom. I started out with a sore throat that phased into a cough and ended in snotty sniffles. This may seem disgusting, but I swear I am leaving out the gory details. I was taking numerous medicines trying to avoid sleepless nights and dramatically coughing on my students. I would have to say I did pretty well, and I am glad to report that I feel like I am back in the ‘land of the living.’

Here’s what I have concluded about cold and flu season: the world will never have enough boxes of Kleenex. I have little packages in my purses, totes, and even my car. I have boxes all throughout the house. With that being said, I am never without a Kleenex.



This leads me to my dirtball problem. I find Kleenex in all of my coat pockets. And, yes, sometimes they are… used. Ugh! I’m disgusting. Just yesterday I was leaving the gym, and I found three Kleenex in my fleece. I slid my hand in my peacoat only to pull out another Kleenex from who knows when.

Am I dirtball? Or would you rather see snot running down my face?

All I can say is, you probably don’t want to borrow a Kleenex from me. This is my confession. Good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment