Monday, November 28, 2011

Bust Out The Flannels


It never fails. After a long night of work, my co-workers and I sit, count out our money, and talk about how sore and tired we are. It gets to be a little extreme, which is why I love it so much. It’s also fun to mix in stories about crazy customers or strange run-ins with the regulars. Ahh… the life of a server.

The other night, we started fantasizing about the moment our heads could hit the pillow. As we discussed our nightly routines, someone mentioned how excited he was about his flannel sheets. Of course, a few of us had to giggle. Do people really still put flannel sheets on their beds? I remember my mom changing my sheets as the weather grew colder. There was nothing better than nestling in to a warm bed.  

I currently have the best sheets in the world. They are organic, bamboo sheets from Target. I have been wanting to replace them, but I know nothing will compare to these pistachio colored ones that stretch across my double bed. As soon as sink into these sheets, I am able to get my dream on.

Even though my co-worker made flannel sheets seem overwhelmingly appealing, I don’t think they will be a purchase I will make any time soon. I’m sticking to my comfy bamboo babies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment