Sunday, November 13, 2011

Scenario Game

Should every Sunday be my pet peeve/vent about serving day? It just so happens after two more nights serving and bartending, I am ready to add to my list of annoyances. Let's play the scenario game (you'll catch on real quick).

Scene: You are sitting at the bar and spot your buddy on the other side. You are both watching and discussing the same football game. Key words: And discussing.

Normal person: Walk over to discuss the opposing team's fumble.

Dudes last night at the bar: Shouting so everyone could hear their opinions. First of all, I don't care about your opinion. Secondly, other people are in this establishment too. So, lock it up.

Scene: It's a busy Friday night, and you have your toddler running around the restaurant/bar while you try to have a good time with your buddies.

Normal person: Go home or get a babysitter.

Family two nights ago: Continually apologizing as their daughter ran around, getting in the way of servers and customers. It's Friday night. Getting away from these little critters is the very reason many people were drinking, eating, and socializing. Please don't keep apologizing; just leave... like, now.

Scene: There is a spot where servers pick up their drinks from the bar to deliver them to their tables. It is only about two feet wide; however, much needed to ensure things run smoothly. People stand there ALL THE TIME. I would like to call these people habitual violators, because it's never a one time deal.

Normal person: Doesn't stand there.

Pretty much every clueless ding-dong: The servers push through kindly saying, "Excuse me," but they continue to stand there. "Oh, I'm sorry. Am I in your way?" Ahh... yes, you are very much so in my way. How hard is it to move? Oh, how I wish they would.

Now wasn't that a fun game? Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment