Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ode to 'Ichael

Yesterday, my big brother turned 28. Brothers are special people, and growing up 'Ichael never let me forget it. As I was unable to get the phonetics of Michael down, I chased him around like any little sister would. I really did want to "be like Mike."

Me, Sarah, Mike

Growing up, Mike and I fought like normal siblings do. He was mean to me, locking me in the playroom and pretending to be E.T. It never failed though, we always worked it out. With an older brother, I could acceptably play with G.I. Joe and Legos. Hours of our childhood was spent building Lego towns. And, might I add, they were quite impressive.

What I love about my brother:

1. His sense of humor. It's hard to find a sense of humor quite like ours. There is a mixture of sarcasm and seriousness rolled together to create ongoing laughter. We appreciate each other's humor and enjoy a good jab every once in a while.

2. He's a kid at heart. All I need to say is, Mike's dog is named after Nala the lion from The Lion's King.

3. He's a smartie. As a kid, Mike tended to goof off and not fully apply himself. Now that he is older, it's easy to see that he really is one smart cookie!

4. We share a love of pop culture. Michael and I both tend to love great music and movies. From Glee to Dawson's Creek all the way to acoustic videos on YouTube.

My brother has come a long way; he has grown up incredibly over the past few years. I enjoy his company and laughs. In this ode to 'Ichael, I must say that I'm a lucky sister :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment