Sunday, November 6, 2011

Freshen Up

Every once in a while, I have a flat out bad day. Yesterday was one of them. Nothing good. Nothing bad. Just unseen frustrations stemming from lack of sleep and annoyances. Nothing was going my way. My brain was running a mile a minute, mostly about things that I have little or no control over. Even as I share this with you, I'm getting tired and anxious.

Needless to say, I threw a pity party and invited everyone. Luckily not very many people showed up, because it didn't turn out to be very fun. If you received an invite, I'm terribly sorry. Sometimes they get sent out by accident.

In times like this, I turn to these words...


The fact is, I have a wonderful life that shouldn't be overshadowed by bad days. I am able to put yesterday to bed and start fresh. My pity party is over. I have cleaned up the leftover confetti and streamers. It's time to freshen up and take on a new day.

1 comment: