Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Someone Special

Today is my little sister's 18th birthday! She has grown into a beautiful young woman right before my eyes. I remember the day she was born, and then parading her around my 2nd grade class. She was a gorgeous baby with a mouth on her, which is not much different from today :-)



I try to remember back to my 18th birthday. I know it is just another day, but there is a sense of responsibility that goes along with this title. Growing up is about learning to make more independent decisions. Without a doubt, Sarah is an independent thinker. She has a incredibly creative mind and is not afraid to share her ideas and thoughts. I am proud to be her sister for many reasons, but here are a few that stick out:

1. Unrevealed sensitivity. Sarah is one tough cookie. As her sister, I am very close to her, so I have seen a side of her that she does not reveal to just anyone. I have seen her break down and talk about emotions and feelings. When she opens up to me, she is much more than a sister; she is a best friend. It's incredible how much she has grown up.

2. Laugher. Sarah has a contagious sense of humor, and she makes me laugh. People underestimate the importance of being goofy every once in a while. Sarah allows me to be silly, and I love that.

3. Witt and charm. There is something magnetic about Sarah. This charm that she holds is hard to find, and I get a sense of it each day.

4. Caring. Sarah believes in me; she loves and cares about me and everyone she comes in contact with. This genuine trait is something to be proud of.

Happy birthday to my legal little sister! She will forever be my someone special. Love you, Sarah Ann!

No comments:

Post a Comment