Saturday, November 19, 2011

I Can't Breathe!!!

My parents generously gave me a $100 gift certificate to Victoria's Secret for my birthday. After meeting a friend for coffee this morning, I thought I would swing by the mall and burn that baby. I can never keep a gift card for very long; I mean, it's free money to my favorite places!

As I walked into the store, I knew exactly what I wanted. Of course, the clerk quickly approached me, explaining all of the stores promotions. I understand this is her job, so I politely listened and responded with the ever typical, "I'm just looking. Thank you." I went on my merry way, picking and choosing from assorted colors, styles, and textures.

It wasn't even a minute after being approached by the first blonde, that another one popped up in my face. "Are you looking for any particular style?" I again politely answered, "I'm fine. Thank you." I walked to the other side of the store where my favorites are located and another blonde stepped in. "Do you need help with sizing?" I started to get a wee bit irritated. I just wanted to shop in silence. Because I am so nice, I responded with, "No, thank you." Is it getting stuffy in here?

One more gal stopped me to share that there were mini perfumes for only $10 near the check-out counter. "Thank you," I said to her. I needed to get out! I went up to the counter to pay. After being told about some coupon and giving my email address for the 700th time, I was home free... Or so I thought.

"How did you enjoy your experience today?" Um... What? Fine, I guess. I could have gone without every blonde in the store talking to be fifty times, but whatever. Even though I was having a hard time breathing, I politely smiled and said, "Fine. Thank you." Then, I drove home... In silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment