Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Necessary "Unnecessaries"


No one likes to budget. In a perfect world, we would all have an abundance of needs and wants. Buzz kill time: it’s not a perfect world, and we all must learn to budget. Ugh.

I’ve come to grips with the fact that I will not ever get everything I want. I know that a Range Rover Sport will probably never park itself in my garage. I will never have a closet packed full of Chanel and Gucci. However, there are a few small luxuries that I don’t plan on giving up in the wake of a budget crunch.

Flowers. Yes, I love a nice bouquet of flowers on my desk. I’m not trying to send some subliminal message asking for everyone to send me a beautiful fall arrangement. I like buying flowers for myself. It's like a little pat on the back with a motivational message. 

M&Ms. I never feel bad about tossing a bag of these babies in my basket at the grocery store. 

Nikes. Every man, woman, and child deserves a clean pair of Nikes. Therefore, I don't mind a splurge on the latest Air Max edition.

Cup of Joe. I love iced coffee. I love it in the morning, afternoon, and evening. I will forever be a patron, enjoying every sip. It just makes me happy :-)

The next time someone tries to tell me that an item is unnecessary, I will snap back at them saying, "I deserve a few unnecessaries every once in a while. Thank you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment