Friday, November 4, 2011

Hungry? Pay For a Snack


Last weekend, when I was so patiently serving a couple of nim-rods at the bar, I was asked: “Do you have any snacks back there?” Ahhh… snacks? Like teriyaki beef jerky? Or Funyuns? The answer: “No, we have a menu.”

I realize that certain bars and restaurants offer Gardettos or a mixture of cashews and pecans, but have you ever stopped to consider how much of a pain in the ass for the servers? I worked in a place that served popcorn. Honestly, I should have just thrown a couple bags on the floor, because by the end of the night there were kernels everywhere.

And how about cleanliness? I am not a germaphobe; however, these bowls of snacks are disgusting. You should be especially careful if the snacks are located near a restroom… just saying.



Lastly, mindless eating starts to make me sick. Most likely I’m already eating and drinking enough at a restaurant. There is really no need to shove my face with greasy potato chips or sugared almonds. Completely unnecessary.

Here’s the plan: eat before you come, or pay for dinner. It’s really not that hard. I have a friend that shoves her purse full of snacks. I about died when we were out at the bar, and she busted out string cheese. Beer and cheese; where are the crackers and salami?

No comments:

Post a Comment