Saturday, November 5, 2011

My Favorite Movie Date


I’m coming out of the closet… the movie buff closet, that is. I love movies. I love reading about actors and watching trailers. I love researching soundtracks; IMDB (Internet Movie Data Base) is bookmarked on my computer.

The best part of my inner movie addiction? I do it solo. I love going to movies all by my lonesome. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I’m anti-social. I will never turn down a friend that asks to catch a flick. I’m just not afraid to head to a matinee alone on a lazy Sunday afternoon .

Confession: Sometimes I even put on nice clothes, grab some candy at Target, and savor every sip of the theater’s overpriced Big Gulp (you know if you order the 64 oz. soda for five dollars, you get a refill… and you pee every seventeen minutes).

People often ask me if I feel weird going to movies by myself, especially on Friday or Saturday nights. My response is always, “Heck no!” If I felt weird, I wouldn’t do it. I also add that most people I know aren’t at movies on weekend nights, so it’s not like I run into anyone. Even if I did, it wouldn’t bother me one bit. I’ve learned to be quite independent over the years… and I love it.

As selfish as it sounds, my favorite movie date is me. There are no awkward silences, no arguments, no talking… just peace. And I never have to wonder if I’m going to get a kiss at the end of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment