Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sad Sundays

Sundays are for resting, spending time with family, and getting prepared for the upcoming week. I appreciate the laziness that comes along with them. After church, it's a great time to relax with a good book or become immersed in a predictable Lifetime movie.

Lately I have found Sundays to be full of way to much "think time." If I don't have enough activities to fill my day, I am left with a brain working in overtime. As I sit here this afternoon, I find myself having a sad Sunday. I love spending time alone, but sometimes it gets overwhelming and lonely. Today is one of those days. What to do, what to do?

My plan for getting out of this sad Sunday slump:

1. Read. Not for school, but read for fun.

2. Laundry. I know this doesn't sound fun, but it keeps me busy. I also love the sense of accomplishment and productivity. Plus, I have a weird obsession with folding towels.

3. Work on my resume. It's so close to being finished, and I would be happy to cross that off of my to-do list.

4. Stop thinking. This is the tricky one. Dear brain, shut off. Thank you.

If all else fails, I will go to sleep early in my clean sheets. Off to the dryer. Happy Sunday folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment