Monday, November 7, 2011

Work It Out


I’ve been paying close attention lately to the fitness lingo that instructors tend to use. For some odd reason, I am intrigued by what pops out of their mouths while everyone is dripping with sweat and grunting (just for the record, I don’t grunt).

The other morning, I was inspired to use the off-white gym towel after being told to “towel off.” Sure, I guess if you put it that way, I would love to brush off this annoying sweat that keeps dripping into my eyes.

During spinning class, the instructor often invites us to keep our “feet to the beat.” I really like this, because I can jive a little as I search for the beat to the song. And, yes, I sing along quietly if I’m enjoying the tune.

Then, I remembered the good ole fitness guru Denise Austin. She is one nutty lady. I tried a few times to get into her videos, but she’s a little too out there for me. Her famous line while doing squats, “If you don’t squeeze it, no one else will!” makes me giggle.



It really doesn’t matter what a fitness instructor is yelling, as long as we can all leave saying that we really worked it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment