Friday, November 25, 2011

Ringing in My Ears

Another successful Thanksgiving. After a long (but good) day with my family, I nestled into bed around 10:30 last night. It didn't take me longer than 2 minutes to drift into sleep. This morning, as I turned on The Today Show and opened up my MacBook, I realized that I had a slight ringing in my ears. That would be strange; however, this is what my Thanksgiving consisted of:

Kids. A whole slug of 'em. They were all excited to see each other, so the screaming was a bit unbearable at times. I appreciate how much the cousins love being together. It was overwhelming, but fun to watch everyone enjoy one another.

Loud men. I understand that dudes think they need to discuss football all day and night; however, why must they be so loud? And who really cares? Every man has an opinion about football players, plays, teams... and they need it heard, no matter how loud their voices may be.

Wii Just Dance. If you want a reason to feel like an idiot without rhythm, turn on that Wii. I was in my aunt's basement, sweating from shaking my "thang" to Britney Spears and Nelly Furtado. And, might I add, the kids love this too.

Being around a large group of people can be overwhelming. It is also a great way to spend Thanksgiving. Each year I leave feeling a sense of renewal. It's always good to feel connected to my family, even if that means getting roughed up in our annual backyard football game. While my ears are still ringing, my heart is very happy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment