Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year


It’s time to put away your turkeys and cornucopias, and bust out your sparkly garland and evergreen trees. That’s right, it is officially the most wonderful time of the year. The hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping and holiday meals is upon us. So much for rest and relaxation.

As the weather begins to turn colder and the lights are being hung, I’m reminded once again how annoying Christmas music really is. I am not trying to be a Scrooge, but it is really necessary to be hearing “Jingle Bell Rock” when I shop from new jeans at the Buckle? I don’t care if it is a ‘rap version,’ I am just not quite ready for these beats. I really don’t mind a little “Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays” by ‘N Sync; however, I could really go without the high-pitched Chipmunk going on about what they want for Christmas.

I guess it’s time for me to make copy some music the stack of blank CDs, because radio music is limited. The day after Thanksgiving, too many stations decide to change all of their music to Christmas jingles. I need some variety! If this is truly the most wonderful time, couldn’t these stations cater to everyone’s needs? Perhaps they should play Christmas music sporadically throughout the year, so they don’t feel the need to jam it all into one month. I’m going crazy already.

My most wonderful time of the year: driving in silence and steering clear of the mall all in hopes of avoiding Mariah Carey singing “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment